Friday 30 January 2015

Gatlingburg, Tennessee

  We spent my birthday in a cute little town called Gatlinburg in Tennessee.  Gatlinburg is in the Smokey Mountains where brown bears, deer, beavers, raccoons and our favourite - squirrels live.  It was snowing which I was really happy about because all the snow stayed on the trees which was beautiful, it all looked so magical.
  
 We went for a walk in the Smoky Mountains and found a stream which we followed for a little while.  Dad pulled a branch back and let it go so that all the snow on top would fall on our heads but the snow ened up dropping on his head instead - we all laughed, it was so funny!!


For my birthday mum and I went and had a spa day, we got a pedicure, a massage and a cranberry facial.  For the pedicure I chose blue nail polish with a stripe of silver sparkles on them and mum chose pink.  The massage and facial were very relaxing - I'd like to have more of them done!


We went out for dinner to a BBQ Grill, Drew and I tried the local grilled trout which was delicious.  After dinner we walked down the streets to have a look at the little shops.  The streets had lots of beautiful christmas lights all over them, they looked amazing.  In one of the shops we went into they had a friendly grey cat, we patted it and it let us pick it up.  The owners of the shop were really nice and they wanted us to take the cat back to Australia with us!  Dad really wanted to take the cat home!  It was a great birthday, I had a wonderful time in Gatlingburg.
My birthday cakes!!  Hannah


No comments:

Post a Comment